archdiocese of Blantyre, Malawi

Originated in 1901 as a mission site conducted by the Missionaries of the Society of Mary. Formally founded on 3 December 1903 as the Prefecture Apostolic of Shiré, Nyassaland. Elevated on 14 April 1908 to the Vicariate Apostolic of Shiré. Name changed to the Vicariate Apostolic of Blantyre on 15 May 1952. Elevated to the archdiocese of Blantyre on 25 April 1959. Suffragan dioceses include

  • Chikwawa
  • Dedza
  • Lilongwe
  • Mangochi
  • Mzuzu
  • Zomba
Advertisements
Published in: on 11 February 2007 at 9:15 pm  Leave a Comment  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://newcatholicdictionary.wordpress.com/2007/02/11/archdiocese-of-blantyre-malawi/trackback/

%d bloggers like this: