Scots College, Rome

Founded by Bull of Pope Clement VIII in 1600 for the education of Scottish priests. It was closed in 1798, but re-opened in 1820 through the efforts of Paul MacPherson. The students attend the Gregorian University, and are distinguished by their purple cassocks, with crimson sash and black soprana (cape).

Published in: on 20 August 2006 at 12:45 pm  Leave a Comment  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

%d bloggers like this: