Council founded in 1925 in Great Britain whose objects are
- assist the Boy Scouts and Girl Guides Association to develop in Catholic circles
- encourage the establishment of Catholic troops and guide companies
- act in an advisory capacity to the bishops, clergy, and lay organizations requiring information as to the organization of kindred movements
- protect the interests of scouts and guides joining open troops and com panies
- ensure compliance with the religious policy of both movements
- be responsible to the ecclesiastical authorities for the direction of the movement in Catholic circles
The Council is in touch with diocesan organizations in Greater London, Birmingham, Salford, and Aberdeen; there are organizing chaplains in the archdioceses of Liverpool and Glasgow, and the dioceses of Brentwood, Hexham and Newcastle, Lancaster, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Northampton, Plymouth, Shrewsbury, and Southwark.